Saturday, April 16, 2011

Mid April Update

We coughed up some money (thanks to an escrow rebate check) and replaced twelve roses (yeah the pictures below show 10 but I got antsy and got two more) that frozen over the fall. Everything is growing well. I moved past the tomato plants that got squashed when the mini green house got crushed in the wind storm and thanked my lucky stars for the 24 that are still in the grow house. I am surprised how well everything is coming up. The following are up and out: hops, horseradish, peas, carrots, onions, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, rhubarb, Swiss chard, leeks, garlic, and cucumbers (in grow house).

I also started growing sprouts inside like a typical Bellinghamite. I made my own sprout jars by cutting out screens from one grease splatted guard and visiting my local co-op. Next thing you know I'll be burning my bras and protesting the NRA.
Click to enlarge images










1 comment:

  1. So I guess you won't be wanting bras for your birthday, then. Looks like I need a plan B.

    ReplyDelete