Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Onions and Pickled Veggies

I picked all the onions I had growing. They didn't get as big of bulbs as I wanted them too but enough to dice up and grill for burgers or dogs. I took the greens that were getting so big, diced them, and then flash froze them so they would not clump together when they went in the freezer. I have a lot of theses frozen diced green onions which should be good in soups or hash-browns over the winter.

I also pickled and then canned a veggie mix consisting of (yes, sorry to say) Brussels sprouts, carrots, celery, and cauliflower. I added a few hot peppers to make it suitable for me.

Below are some pictures of the onions I got before processing, during the flash freeze, and then a picture of the three quarts of spicy pickled mixed veggies:









No comments:

Post a Comment